Thursday 9 October 2014

Quick update post

OK, well, here I am:



This is beautiful Chase Falls running down into Chase Creek. I mean, really, how could I go back to Toronto after being here, right?

Unfortunately we missed "Chewy", the local marmot:


But all in all, it was a nice little hike that day.

We've also seen the Turtle Valley Donkey Refuge, an amazing place doing incredible work. Learned one thing I didn't know there (well, there's lots I don't know...) - did you know that there's three sizes of donkey, Mammoth, Standard, and Miniature? To me, the Mammoth looked to be about the size of the average horse...

Here's Mugsy Dad beside one of them for reference:


Of course the donkey's head is down when I take the picture! Dad's an average height kind of guy, if that helps with visualization. BTW, Dad's been doing really well with his R.A. - he even finally quit smoking!! SO PROUD! It's been 3 weeks, and not even a slip-up. MUCH better for him, especially with the meds he's on now...

And, the white donkeys are related to donkeys from either Italy or Morocco:


Anywho, off for lunch. Less of a chance of being online now that I'm going to my other Aunt's place in Adam's Lake.

Have fun, y'all, and thanks for reading!

TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment