Thursday 22 August 2013

Back again!

Thank you to Kay for my very first comment - makes me feel all warm and squishy...oh, wait, that's just been the effect of the humid weather lately! *lol*

Been pondering what to write next...a little more about myself, I guess. Ugh, so self-centered *winks*

Hmmm, let's see... After high school I tried a brief stint in college. Unfortunately I found out after the first year that I made a bad future-career choice, and dropped out. Since then I've been bouncing around trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. But as I refuse to grow up completely, that could be a problematic issue!

Right now the job I have is a means to an end (read: make money), but I've been plagued by thoughts of possibly going back to school. As this would be a total change in career, I've been quite hesitant - it's the fact that it would be a total money and time drain that I'm not sure I'm ready for right now. I live at home (which is a terrific money-saver, even though I pay rent) with my ever-suffering parents *lol* - for which I feel extremely fortunate that I even had that opportunity and option. I'm stuck in a bit of a conundrum, though - save money for a place of my own, or go back to school for a career I'm not totally sure I want to challenge myself with for the rest of my working life? Throw in the fact that I'm over 40, and perhaps you can see the pickle I'm in. More research and pondering is needed...

What else to bore you with?

I'm single, and happy - bet you don't hear that very often, eh? *lol* The dating scene is just... Well, let's just leave it at that, shall we? Hell, it'll happen when it happens, I'm certainly not worried about it.

Ok, I think that's enough for now. I'm thinking this might be a weekly posting thing, or perhaps more often if anything of note comes up. Really can't say for sure, but I do know that I do not want to be posting daily - just far too much effort for me to say anything of any sort of use that often. Oh, sorry, didn't you know? I'm an average, lazy-assed caucasian North American, I'm supposed to be lazy! *lmao* But if I can say this : I totally agree with the late, great, George Carlin. Calling myself "Caucasian" really does sound like a shoe style, doesn't it??

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog! Yup, we've got the same story. I'm also over 40 and have no idea what I want to be when I grow up! Moving home for me is difficult because I could not wait to get out of that town when I was younger and now I'm back. Argghhh. Take care.

    ReplyDelete